Monday 1 April 2013

1st April 2013: making Salt crystals.


I decided to try and make something visually strange, and that something that looks like the gemstones which are related to the superstitions and different cultures.  I thought a quick way of trying to active this was to make salt crystals.
I am not sure whether this will work but it will be a running progress and i will document the progress of the crystal every few days.
I achieved this through having a jar and filling it with boiling water, with this i pour 2-3 tablespoons of salt so that the salt will dissolve and then following by adding more salt so that it becomes saturated. I attached a length at the top to a pipe cleaner which i balanced on the lid of the jar. I then have placed it on the windowsill of my bedroom so the sunlight ( the little i get in blackpool) will attract to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment